Question regarding deleting data.

From: Floyd <floyd5432_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 May 2003 09:35:47 -0700

Hi,

 I've a problem with deleting data from an oracle 8i database. I've a java program that goes and deletes data from the database (typically about 20-50 rows spread accross 20 tables).

Now the problem is when I delete the data, the space that is freed up does not show up as free space. Like after deleting 10000 rows for example, the amount of space in the tablespace and the amount of space in the index, before and after the delete is the same. Is this something to do with High Water Mark settings?

How do I delete the data and make the space made available count towards the database free space.

Thanks,

Anwar. Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 11:35:47 CDT