Oracle ODBC 7 vs 8 conflict

From: haluska <John_at_johnhaluska.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 04:36:09 GMT

I have a winNT server with canned Oracle 8 applications and MSSQL 7 applications. I need to get data from another server (UNIX) that has Oracle 7.

In a development environment (without the Oracle 8), my VB6/MSSQL 7 application connects to Oracle 7 (UNIX) using ODBC 7.3 OK. When installed on the winNT server (with Oracle 8) it seems there is an Oracle ODBC 7 and 8 conflict.

It looks like the installation of ODBC 7 bumps the ODBC 8 registry keys down a level so they are not found by the 8 applications and they crash. I tried using the Oracle 8 ODBC connection to the Oracle 7 (UNIX) database with no joy. Any suggestions?

We are planning to move to Win2K soon. Will this help or hurt?

john_at_johnhaluska.com Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 23:36:09 CDT