Re: ddl and plsql..can someone spot the error?

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 16:53:59 -0400

On Tue, 6 May 2003 19:02:42 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>"Jeff Kish" <jeff.kish_at_mro.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings.
>>
>> I'm terribly sorry if I am just blind, but I don't use plsql and ddl
>together very often.
>>
>> Can someone see the error here? I am getting a table or view does note
>exist 942 error, but I know it is in that schema.
>> Is it syntactical, mental, or other?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jeff
>>

>> --debugger says Command is, before parse: 'SELECT MAX(ID) INTO :v_seq
>FROM MySchema.note'
>> --This is from within a function in a package.
>> I logged in as system.
>>

>> begin
>> v_Return := IPCSEQS_CANT_SELECT_MAX_ERR;
>> Command := 'SELECT MAX(ID) INTO :v_seq FROM ' || TheSchema || '.note';
>> dbms_sql.parse(v_DBMS_SQL_CursorName, Command,
>> dbms_sql.v7);
>>

>No, it isn't. It is the disease called 'Not searching the google archives
>before posting'. This question is asked over and over and over again
Hold on.. honestly I have been looking.. google is big, and sometimes searches don't return what you think because your terms are not 100 %.

For example I did a search on "942 plsql ddl" and got no hits on google.

Now, obviously I am not searching for the correct terms. Can you make a better suggestion for search terms, since you know the answer (I know your a smart person I've seen you around) and don't want to spoon feed me?

Thanks,
Jeff Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 15:53:59 CDT