compare dates?

From: Bing Du Test <bing-du_at_tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 11:03:04 -0500

Oracle's on-line documents are awesome but just overwhelming for me. I don't need to know that much to do what I need to do, I think. And I don't deal with Oracle very much. What I need to do is to select the rows whose timestamp columns have been older than 6 months compared with the current time.

The following shows how the date was inserted in the first place:

insert into mytable (id,timestamp) values ('123',to_date('20020326072839', 'YYYYMMDDHHMISS');

I searched 'date' in the on-line SQL*Plus Quick Reference, but did not find anything telling me how to compare dates. So I appreciate any pointers. Thanks in advance.

Bing Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 11:03:04 CDT