Oracle 8i & XML Problems

From: Phil Fausz <fausz_at_qualexphoto.com>
Date: 6 May 2003 08:16:07 -0700

I'm working with Oracle 8i and XML using PL/SQL on NT and I'm new to XML. I need to write a procedure that will query the database and write an XML file to a directory.

I'm able to generate XML, but it is not validated (I have a DTD). I'm using dbms_XMLQuery.getXML to generage the XML.

I'm looking for the following specific info and any related general info:
1) How do I get apply the validation in the DTD file to the XML file? 2) Is the dbms_XMLQuery.getXML efficient, or is there an alternative?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have exhausted all of my resources, attempted to find a book, and research through the internet prior to coming here. Thanks again!

phil Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 10:16:07 CDT