Running Oracle App on Windows 2000 with System account

From: sarab <sarabjeetd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 19:46:04 GMT

Hi,

    I have a application(batch file) which runs on Windows 2000 Oracle 9i under SYSTEM account.
When i try to use sqlplus in the app with user system or sys and try to start/shutdown the database, it complains about insufficient privellages. I have tried adding the SYSTEM account to ORA-DBA group which did not help.

Also, If the batch file is run as any other user , it works fine as long as the user is added to the ORA-DBA group.

Please help.
regards
-sarab Received on Mon May 05 2003 - 14:46:04 CDT