Re: Oracle in Windows default user-name of SQL*Plus

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 15:38:41 GMT

Erwin wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know this is a very silly question, but I could not find in the
> documentation the default user-name of SQL*Plus session after installing
> Oracle in Windows.
> Anyone has some advice? Thanks in advance.

SQL*Plus is an access tool. It does NOT have a default userid or password.

If you are looking for the info for sample and demo userids, your mileage will vary depending on the version of the database and the knowledge of the DBA. In version 9i many of the demo userids seem to be loaded but inaccessible by default.

Others have provided a number of system & demo userids. I suspect you want something different - please describe what you are trying to do (and of course, version & operating system ... "Windows" is a bit broad these days.) Received on Mon May 05 2003 - 10:38:41 CDT