Re: So difficult, so painfull

From: Tariq <taariqq_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 11:15:47 -0400

LOL Most of the time you hear people arguing about this technology being better, or that being more prevalent, but it is hard to go through all the information out there, and decide on what to pursue. Your frank advice is much appreciated ... in both rooms ...

I come from a background in Biology, and am trying to get a door into this database field. I know bioinformatics is a good combination of Biology and Databases, but that requires a higher degree in atleast one of the two fields, and I only have a Bachelors in Biology. That is why I am exploring the possibility of simply switching the field completely, if I have to ... and it seems like a good idea to learn to program databases first ... then worry about the administration aspects of it.

Much appreciated,
Tariq