Re: So difficult, so painfull

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 07:35:40 -0700

Tariq wrote:

> So I guess one has to get a job as PL/SQL developer first, before trying for
> a DBA position? Or before one is qualified as for a DBA position?
>
> Tariq
>
> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > 5. Some may, but I would never hire a DBA that wasn't first a developer
> > for 5 years or more. BTW I like Forms.

Look at it this way. You can't become a judge without first becoming a lawyer.You can't become a surgeon without first becoming a physician. And you can't become President without first selling your soul to the highest bidders.

We're sort of like that only we don't have to wear a tie to work.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu