SQL Works but PL/SQL hangs

From: Amir <amirrazakhan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 May 2003 01:10:49 -0700

When I issue a statement to fetch some data from the remote database on the SQL prompt it works fine, as given below

            SQL> select trans_no from XYZ_at_remotedb;

But when I embbed the same query in PL/SQL block it hangs and does not complete

            declare
               x varchar2(50);
            begin
               select trans_no into x from XYZ_at_remotedb;
            end;

What could be the reason?

~~Amir Received on Sat May 03 2003 - 03:10:49 CDT