Re: I am getting my first Certification: 8i or 9i?

From: Nino Amot <amotito_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 May 2003 09:05:20 -0700

1- Sorry for my english, i'd try my best 2- I want to work in oracle field but cannot get a job so I begin my OCP oracle 9i

   Now I get OCA credential ( 2 exams ). I'm not there for big salary, just for

   database stuff and a place to start.
3- I have a Bachelor degre in Computer Sciences and 3 years programming experience

   as C++ programmer, 1 year as postgresql developer and DBA. 4- I like postgresql but there is no must job there ( montreal ) for postgresql and I dont know if it is good path for live work.

5- My plan is to finish DBA certification and try to have starting position as pl/sql programmer ( It seem like there is no starting position for dba ). I know pl/sql ( finish Oreilly book ) but I DONT want to certify as form/report programer ( form suck ).

6- Is there possible to be a good dba without doing form/developer6i. I work 40hour/week and I take 15hour/week at home for Oracle stuff ( playing with my OTN version of 9i, store procedure and preparing certification ).

7- Is my plan realistic ? Can I got an oracle job in 6/8 month even if I have to work harder. Where to start, how to start..., so paintfull.

   Please, any advice. I'm very bored to do C++. Note : I can even take salary smaller than wath I got now and I know, certification is not real-live experience. Thanks for your advice. Received on Fri May 02 2003 - 11:05:20 CDT