OCIEnvCreate() returns OCI_ERROR

From: Knut Stolze <stolze_at_informatik.uni-jena.de>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 15:03:01 +0200

Hi,

I run into a problem for which I did not find a solution...

I see two different issues:
(1) the call takes a very long time (several minutes) and returns then with an
error code of -1 (OCI_ERROR).
(2) I get the error "Illegal instruction (core dumped)" inside skgmlocate,
which seems to call a function at address 0x00. The complete stack trace is:

0x00000000000000
skgmlocate()
skgmcrone()
skgmcrmany()
skgmcreate()
kgupmcreate_sga()
kgup_startup()
kpushInit()
kpummpin()
kpuenvcr()
OCIEnvCreate()

Has anyone seen something like this before? What could be the possible source and how can I correct the problem?

I am using Oracle 8.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3.

If I change the OCI_SHARED to OCI_DEFAULT, everything works just fine. But I actually want to use OCI_SHARED.

--
Knut Stolze