JDeveloper and JSP question

From: Lieven <denlieven_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:27:31 +0200

I am working with JDeveloper on a website project. Because I'm not a experienced JSP developer I encounter some problems. People can see a table with a lot of biological elements. I have made a button next to every element and by pressing the button people can see the sequence of that element printed in a jsp page. The sequence is a very large string with more than 5000 characters, that is calcuted from different tables in my database. Now I want to open that string in a new window and not in a jsp page but in a txt file (or other extension), so that vistors can easily click the button see the txt file, save it to disk and import it into there program (that supports the sequence in txt format). So the txt file will be created at runtime. How can I do that in jsp??? Better would be that the visitors by pressing the button see the download dialog box with the choice between save to disk or run. But I think that's browser dependant.

thanx,

Lieven Received on Fri May 02 2003 - 07:27:31 CDT