Re: Hide SqlPlus username/password in UNIX Script

From: Erik Ykema <Erik.SIHTEVOMER.Ykema_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 21:04:55 +0200

You could also define an environment variable, like export MMCONNECT=user/password_at_instance
and then connect to sql*plus in the unix-script with sqlplus $MMCONNECT @script.
By executing

    set | grep MMCONNECT
a logged-in user can see the value of MMCONNECT. Also trusted oracle (sqlplus /) might help out, the acces control is the shifted from sql*plus access restriction to unix. Good Luck,
Erik Ykema