Re: HELP IN INSTALLING ORACLE APPLICATIONS E-BUSINESS SUITE CD PACK.

From: Reg <2regburgess_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 02:43:40 GMT

I have done essentially the same thing on Windows2K. Apps 11i onto an external 125gig USB disk.... Slow, but it works.
The documentation is all there, probably 90% of the task is learning your way around the docs.
To your specific question on DNS, for "learn at home" scale installations it is usually sufficient to use loop-back, i.e. use 127.0.0.1 and ports starting at 8080 (I think) for PROD. It is picking up attbi.com from somewhere else in your configuration and trying to use that, it might actually work when you are connected to the net.

Reg