Re: Problem dropping a view

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:38:11 +0200

Michael L. Hostbaek wrote:
> Aleksey Kochetov tried to tell us something, and all I got was:
>

>> drop view "nego_offer";
>>

> *argh* how could it be so simple !?!
> Why is it, that all the other views I had worked when specified
> unquoted?
>
> /mich

Because this one was created with:
create view "nego_offer" as. Oracle is case insensitive, in a matter that all tables, views, etc get uppercased internally, unless you specify to use lower, or mixed case. You do that by putting the name of the object between quotes.

Drawback -as you found out- you MUST specify the object with the quotes, if the object name was not in uppercase. That is, has you specified create view "NEGO_OFFER" as... you could have deleted it with drop view nego_offer.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel