Re: imp

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:33:14 +0200

Michael L. Hostbaek wrote:
> Group,
>
> I am (as many have probably understood now) in the process of moving my
> data from one oracle installation to another.. I have moved all
> table+data to the new database. And as advised from this list, I have
> made a exp rows=n, and imported that dump file into the new server.
>
> However, when looking in the user_objects table, seems that TRIGGERS and
> INDEX object types have not been imported. My user should have the
> proper rights, as imp did not complain about permissions.
> I have imported like this:

<snip!>

> The import runs, and I get some errors about the table objects alreay
> exists, and that's all..

And those objects are not tables, you want to see the triggers on? Run imp again, with ignore=y (you replied No...), or drop the objects alltogether, and let imp recreate them.

Another possibility is to respond Y on 'Show contents only', and see if the indexes, traggers and other objects you expect are actually in the dump file.
You did not explain how that was made.

Oh - btw, I see you (still) use US7ASCII as characterset. Don't - go for WE8ISO8859P1 as minimum (ISO Latin 1)

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel