imp

From: Michael L. Hostbaek <carlos_at_pez.dk>
Date: 30 Apr 2003 14:01:20 GMT

Group,

I am (as many have probably understood now) in the process of moving my data from one oracle installation to another.. I have moved all table+data to the new database. And as advised from this list, I have made a exp rows=n, and imported that dump file into the new server.

However, when looking in the user_objects table, seems that TRIGGERS and INDEX object types have not been imported. My user should have the proper rights, as imp did not complain about permissions. I have imported like this:

oracle_at_oracle ~/stuff> imp

Import: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Wed Apr 30 15:48:26 2003

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Username: my_user
Password:

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

Import file: expdat.dmp > botch.dmp

Enter insert buffer size (minimum is 8192) 30720>

Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.06 via conventional path import done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set List contents of import file only (yes/no): no >

Ignore create error due to object existence (yes/no): no >

Import grants (yes/no): yes >

Import table data (yes/no): yes > no

Import entire export file (yes/no): no > yes

. importing MY_USER's objects into MY_USER

The import runs, and I get some errors about the table objects alreay exists, and that's all..

Any pointers greatly appriciated.

/mich

--
Regards,