Re: Problem dropping a view

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:40:25 +0200

On 30 Apr 2003 13:14:52 GMT, "Michael L. Hostbaek" <carlos_at_pez.dk> wrote:

>Group,
>
>I am trying to remove a view from my oracle 8i db.
>This is what happens:
>SQL> drop view nego_offer;
>drop view nego_offer
>*
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>
>I know it exists:
>SQL> select * from user_objects;
>Strike a key...
>
>OBJECT_NAME
>SUBOBJECT_NAME OBJECT_ID DATA_OBJECT_ID OBJECT_TYPE
>CREATED LAST_DDL_
>------------------------------ ---------- --------------
>------------------ --------- ---------
>TIMESTAMP STATUS T G S
>------------------- ------- - - -
>nego_offer
> 24749 VIEW
>29-APR-03 29-APR-03
>2003-04-29:14:21:21 INVALID N N N
>
>Can anyone tell me how to remove it ?
>
>Thanks.
>
>/mich

As the view is invalid, it looks like you don't have access or access through a role to one or more underlying objects defined in the view_text. You would need to fix that problem first, apparently the drop statement checks whether you have proper access.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Apr 30 2003 - 08:40:25 CDT