Re: User default directories using imp

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:23:22 +0200

Daniel Morgan wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>

>>Daniel Morgan wrote:
<major snip!>

> The roles to remove are CONNECT, RESOURCE, and DBA.
>
> The CONNECT role contains lots of privileges that have nothing to do with connecting
> to the database. The only privilege required to connect is CREATE SESSION.
>
> My suggestion is to create the following roles and others modeled upon them.
>
> READONLY --- with only create session
> DATA_ENTRY -- READONLY plus nothing but INSERT and maybe SELECT and UPDATE into
> specific tables
> SUPERVISOR
> MANAGER
> EXECUTIVE
> DEVELOPER
> SR_DEVELOPER
> DBA -- and with only those privileges required for the job. DBA does not need to be a
> clone of SYS
> --

I like the distinction between developer and sr_developer. <g>
And agree on dba, but have never done that, nor seen it. The opposite, actually: ran against an implementation, where *all* users were given the DBA role. Did not question why, as I know the answer: "it did not work otherwise".

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel