insert into ... select *

From: Rainer Nonk <gora_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:22:23 +0200

Hi,

I would like to extend the following statement insert into table_arch select * from table_runtime where order_number = 'abc';

table_arch got a new field (a date field, with a creation timestamp). So it has one field more than table_runtime. The problem is: i don't have any idea how to fill this additional field within one statement. Could you give me a hint how the new statement should look like ?

(And: i know how to get the current date: select sysdate from dual ;-)

thank you,
Rainer Received on Tue Apr 29 2003 - 01:22:23 CDT