Re: Forms 3.0 and Oracle 8i (8.1.7) ( Invalid Rowid)

From: Moron <moron.jean-luc_at_rcc.ch>
Date: 27 Apr 2003 23:44:08 -0700

Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<3EAA9CB4.2010600_at_netscape.net>...
> Moron wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as we are migrating our database onto Oracle 8i, we are expieriencing
> > some
> > Rowid problems.
> >
> > We already applied the "unsupported" patch which allows forms3 to
> > connect on 8i databases.
>
> You already know it's a no-no situation; why pursue the impossible?
> What's the reason for upgrading to 8i? Desupport of your current
> version 6?

I am not sure it is impossible.
I know that Oracle Application has had the same configuration (forms 3 against 8.x DB) .
We even got a patch to solve another problem which was "fetch out of sequence" errors. This patch was'nt public, and not supported of course. The migration to Forms 6 is planed but is a huge workload and we would like to eliminate a 7.1 DB version. I was just hoping there was a solution for the related problems. The conversion on PK fields for the PLSQL code was envisaged but it doesn't make sens as long as a simple direct (without PLSQL Trigger) does not work.