Re: User default directories using imp

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:07:30 -0700

Randy Harris wrote:

> "Frank" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message
> > Randy Harris wrote:
> > > Is there any way to

> > If you knew that beforehand, you could have created
> > the user with the correct default tablespace, revoke unlimted
> > tablespace (user gets it with the resource role), and grant
> > quota on default (and other) tablespaces. Explicitely do
> > a grant 0 on system.
> > The import (ignore=y), and the import will use the user's default
> > tablespace.
> >

> > --
> > Regards, Frank van Bortel
> >

> Can I grant unlimited quota on his default tablespace and 0 on system? And
> if so, that would then force his objects to get created in his default? (I
> have to do the import again for the production roll out)
>

> Thanks for your help
> --
> Randy Harris

Yes. And it is a good idea to always grant 0 on the system tablespace to everyone except SYS and SYSTEM.

BTW: Does anyone know why it is that when Oracle installs it thinks SYSTEM is a temporary tablespace for the SYSTEM schema? This has always struck me as quite strange. Oracle builds a rollback segment in the SYSTEM tablespace and this I understand. But why not a small temp tablespace to serve the same purpose rather than configuring it as it does?

--
Daniel Morgan
(remove one 'x' from my email address to reply)