Re: Error of using sqlldr at a client having 8.1.6.0

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 06:57:18 +0200

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:41:22 -0400, C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net> wrote:

>My DB server is 8.1.6.1 on a NT 4 and my client is installed with
>8.1.6.0 client ( on NT 4 workstation). I created a table (A) and a view
>of the table (A-view). when I tried to use the sqlldr to import a .csv
>file to APPEND INTO TABLE schema.A-view (...) by an import.ctl, I got an
>error message saying that the schema.A-view does not exist. Since I
>used another machine (NT4 ) equiped with 8.1.5 for the same task and
>worked, so there is something wrong with either the sqlldr utility or
>the client 8.1.6.0. On my 8.1.5 client machine, the sqlldr utiltiy is
>sqlldr80, but on 8.1.6 is sqlldr. Any different?
>
>C CHang

All obsolete software. On the other machine though you are using an incorrect version of sqlldr, namely the sqlldr of 8.0 against an 8.1 database. So I would guess you would better check the error message of sqlldr in sqlplus and upgrade your software anyway, before you run into real trouble: 8.1.6 is a bug ridden release, and you should have upgraded a long time ago. You still have 7 monts before 8i is history!!

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Apr 25 2003 - 23:57:18 CDT