Re: User default directories using imp

From: Randy Harris <randy.harris_at_nospam.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:21:48 GMT

"Randy Harris" <randy.harris_at_nospam.net> wrote in message news:Sx5qa.45$gN4.78901_at_newssvr28.news.prodigy.com...
> I am trying to import a full dump file into 8i, using imp and full=y. It's
> working fairly well, the users are getting created with correct default
> tablespaces, however, the tables owned by at least one of them are ending
up
> in SYSTEM rather than their correct default. Is there some way to force
imp
> to put the data in the correct tablespace? Or, is there some way to get
imp
> to import the users without any table structure? Would fromuser=system
> touser=system do that?
>
> Thank you for your help

Well, I went back and looked at the database where the dmp file was created, and that user's tables are in SYSTEM in that database. Is there any way to get imp to restore tables to the user's default rather than the source tablespace? And, how can I move tables from one tablespace to another?

Again, thanks for helping Received on Fri Apr 25 2003 - 03:21:48 CDT