Re: I am getting my first Certification: 8i or 9i?

From: Jonathan E. Magnus <jmagnus_at_net1.removethis.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:36:03 -0500

Thanks for the opinions.

At the moment I have no job. I was laid off in mid-March. (I am not 'desperate' for work, but woud like to have a steady job so I can buy new toys from time to time.)

There is no practical way I can think of to get experience on Oracle newer than 7 any time soon.

It is my understanding that I could be an instructor at a local community college, if I am certified. Not well paying work, but it should be good exposure for me and lots of practice writing scripts to build and restore databases. ;-)

Jonathan