Re: needed files.

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:01:16 -0700

Jitendra Patel wrote:

> > Geezzz. Is your homework due, or do you just don't want to read manuals?
>
> You are not real senior DBA, Sybrand Bakker.
>
> Real senior DBA is not rude and mean to beginner.

If you don't like the advice don't take it. If you don't like the tone of voice of the advice ignore it. Sybrand volunteers his time and is as free to answer how he wishes as you are to ask any question you wish.
If you only want advice with a smile ... use your CSI number and open an iTAR.

And ... Sybrand's point is valid. A usenet news group is no place to ask a question like yours.

Why you might ask? Because had you done any research, read books, visited web sites, etc. you would know the answer. And given that you don't ... there are many things additional things you need to know also all of which could lead to failure and/or disaster.

If backup and recovery were simple ... there woudn't be books running hundreds of pages on the subject. My suggestion would be to read one and/or take a class.

--
Daniel Morgan
(remove one 'x' from my email address to reply)