Re: I am getting my first Certification: 8i or 9i?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2003 17:11:46 -0700

Jonathan E. Magnus <jmagnus_at_net1.removethis.net> wrote in message news:<mv9gavsbcbjiooudjl3j3isbeu7qdo2u8e_at_4ax.com>...
> I have experience, but it is all on Oracle 7.
> I do not have a Cert on 7.
> I know 9i is the 'new' one, but I expect 8i to be around for a while.
> I can get the 8i cert with teh 9i 'update' for about $1000 less than
> the Cert for 9i.
> What do you think?

If you can get someone else to pay, go 9i.

If you have a job in 7 or 8, do the update.

If you have a job on 9i, don't do anything! :-)

If you don't have a job, do anything! :-)

Be cognizant of when the update option may disappear.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/citysearch/feature/220/