Video DBMS - maybe here any ideas ??

From: Roman Zhovtulya <roman_at_fh-offenburg.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:00:57 +0200

Hello,
I wonder if anyone could suggest a good video DBMS/framework (for university research purposes) which would be capable of storing, indexing and searching through videos on the basis of similarity (say I have some image and would like to search through my video collection to see if any frames in any video are similar to that image, etc).

I checked Oracle InterMedia, but it doesn't seem to be made for that...

The perfect solution would be a server-client structure with the ability to query the data through the web.

Also, I've seen some demos of BilVideo on the web, but couldn't find any possibility to download/buy/etc the application itself.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Roman Zhovtulya

Offenburg University Received on Thu Apr 24 2003 - 11:00:57 CDT