Re: Multiple "before insert" triggers on a table?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2003 12:12:20 -0700

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:<Yuxpa.611841$S_4.662229_at_rwcrnsc53>...
> You would be better off creating a package to hold your trigger logic and
> creating 1 trigger. Why? Triggers are evaluated each time they are run vs
> packages which are compiled once. To multiple triggers means multiple
> evaluations everytime it runs. Also with all the code in one place it is
> much easier to maintain.
> Jim

To add to Jim's post, I would loose the Triggers alltogather and go with Packaged Procedure... Kinda hard to do it now since you are already in Production... should have thought about this at design time -:). One biggest caveat with triggers.... if it is disabled for some reason... you are hosed, because triggers don't complain when they are disabled.

Just my 2 shiny cents.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 14:12:20 CDT