ORACLE GBLPAGE UTILIZATION ON VMS

From: Steve Smith <SSMITH_at_LBPC.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:55:28 -0500

        Can anyone explain why oracle needs to see about 80% more gblpages that it actually uses on VMS

        We reserved 4GB of memory for oracle and I had to set gblpages to 18,000,000 otherwise oracle gives a GBLPAG table full error message when attempting to startup. I have 592 Global Sections Used, 10118848/7881152 Global Pagelets Used/Unused

    The 7881152 unused gblpages, is physcial memory that cannot be used because its mapped for gblpages, and unavailable for the rest of the system. Is there a way fix this, so oracle doesn't require having to see 80% gblpages. Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 12:55:28 CDT