Re: Oracle 9i installation

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:10:52 GMT

Ok then, let me rephrase. Oracle is not *supported* on XP Home. While there have been some individuals who have gotten it to work, there have been countless others who have not. And Oracle Support will not help you resolve any problems if you are using XP Home.

Cheers,
Brian

Anurag Varma wrote:

> > Oracle 9i will run on Windows 2000 and Windows XP Pro, but not XP Home.
>
> I'm not sure why you say this. I have 9iR2 running just fine on my Win XP Home Celeron 1.2GHz 256M RAM.
> Not even had a single issue while installing.
>
> Anurag

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

Remove the "remove_spam" from the email address to email me.

 the three"