Re: Oracle 9i installation

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:53:43 GMT

harish wrote:

> Currently i am having oracle 8i on my win 2000 PC.
> Since Net 8 programs are not running, i am planning to install oracle
> 9i on my PC.
> Is Oracle 9i compatible with Win 2000 and Win XP platforms.

Yes and no ... not XP Home, yes to others.

> And like oracle 8i (like standard edition and enterprise edition),
> seperate editions are there in 9i.

Yes. This info is readily available on OTN which has a nice document that describes the differences between Standard, Enterprise and Personal.

> If more no of editions are there, which edition is prefered (So that
> table partition is enabled).

If development/study use, go Personal, otherwise select Enterprise. I believe Paritioning requires Enterprise - check the 'family' document on OTN. Don't forget to get the appropriate license <g>

/Hans Received on Tue Apr 22 2003 - 21:53:43 CDT