Re: How to change/alter column name

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 17:00:06 -0700

"Sönke Petersen" <sk.petersen_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:<b83ifv$i19$1_at_news.mch.sbs.de>...
> Hello,
> how can I change (in an easy manner) the column name of on Oracle table?
> Regards,
> Sönke

For version 6 - 8.1 there is no command to change a column name. With version 8.1 you can add a new column (available 6+), populate it from the existing column, and then drop the old column.

I do not think this changed in 9, but I have not had a chance to read the 9.2 documentation yet.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Apr 22 2003 - 19:00:06 CDT