Re: newbie

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:35:40 GMT

chiotto_at_libero.it said...
> I installed Oracle on my PC: a windows 2000 P4.
> I created a new DB without UID and PWD but everytime i try to access, Oracle
> ask for username and pwd.
> What's the matter?
> Can you help me?
> Thank you
> Fabrizio

Some single-user databases do not require you to login, but Oracle is designed as a multi-user database. Therefore you must login. When you create a new Oracle database, it always contains at least two UIDs/PWDs:

  sys/change_on_install
  system/manager

Use one of the above userid/password pairs to login.

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA