Pro*COBOL question

From: Andrew <andyho99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 16:09:56 -0700

I tried to use Pro*COBOL to call a stored procedure. I was wondering if I can pass a ROWTYPE as a parameter for that procedure. I declared host variable as a group variable mapping with columns. However, I got an error during compilation. The message is as follows:

Error at line 145, column 34 in file TEST_PARM.pcn

                        tmp_ins(:h-tmp-test-rec);

PCB-S-00204, Group items cannot be used except in INTO or VALUES clause

Is that any ways to get around this? I am trying not to pass each individual field if possible. Thanks. Received on Tue Apr 22 2003 - 18:09:56 CDT