Re: Diskspace of a Number column in Oracle 8/9

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:28:50 GMT

Depends on the number. It takes up the number of digits in scientific notation divided by 2 plus 1. The max is 22 bytes. To test it see do select vsize(myNumColumn) from mytable where .... Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure