Re: lost oracle_sid

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 17:06:53 +0200

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 14:31:07 GMT, "Paul Murphy" <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com> wrote:

>It's already there and SQL*Plus is using it (I can log into SQL*Plus without
>specifying the database and it reads the registry key to send me to the
>correct database). It's got to be something that EXP reads that SQL*Plus
>doesn't (or vice versa).
>
>-Paul

You must have an installation with multiple Oracle homes, and they are listed in the incorrect order in your PATH. Oracle btw specifically recommends you DON'T set the Oracle_sid in the registry, especially not in multi home installations From the path the executable will derive the value of ORACLE_HOME. In this directory it will find the file oracle.key, which contains the registry variables to use.
There is nothing wrong with either issuing set oracle_sid=<your sid>
or
set local=<appropiate servicname>
prior to export
or even just simply use exp <username/password>@<appropiate servicename>

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Apr 19 2003 - 10:06:53 CDT