lost oracle_sid

From: Paul Murphy <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:18:28 GMT

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 12560 encountered
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

Hmm, I just installed 9iDS on Windows 2000 and EXP seems to have forgotten which SID to use. If I specify set oracle_sid=mysid at the command prompt before issuing the EXP command, it works fine. I looked in my tnsnames.ora file and my listener.ora file and they both still have my SID there. The HOME0 registry key is still set and I can log into SQL*Plus without specifying which database to use.

I'm guessing that when I installed 9iDS (which is working fine), it added something to a config file that is making the default SID that EXP is using not my normal SID. Has anyone run into this? I'm running everything on my personal computer so I used localhost when it asked for a hostname during the 9iDS setup.

Any advice would be helpful to me. If I find out the solution before I get an answer, I'll post it.

Thanks,
Paul Murphy Received on Fri Apr 18 2003 - 22:18:28 CDT