Oracle XMLTYPE and XML Headers

From: Jim Lundgren <jim_at_lundgren.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2003 13:27:54 -0700

Does anyone know a way to force Oracle 9i to give you an XML header (i.e. <?xml version="1.0"?> ) when doing an XMLTYPE XSL translation with XSLTransform?

I've tried incorporating the 'version="1.0" and omit-xml-declaration="no"' attributes in the <xsl:output> tag in the XSL, but it still does not include the all-important header on the output.

Is there a way to get it when you actually extract from the XMLTYPE itself?
I'm extracting using 'xmldoc.getStringVal()'.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Lundgren Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 15:27:54 CDT