Re: WWC-41439

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:09:39 +0200

Pavel Vetesnik wrote:
> Greetings to all!
>
> Our problem is that we can not login to Oracle portal due WWC-41439 error.
> We tried several things to solve the problem, but we were not lucky. Below
> is, what we did so far. If you have any advice, we appreciate any kind of
> help.
> The database is in version 8.1.7, portal is 3.0.6.6.5 and the enviroment is
> Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1A (Rev. 1885).
>
> Thank you in advance!
> Pavel
>

> What happened, brief summary:
> (1) Possible reason of WWC-41439?
> First troubles occurred at Apr-02: password had been changed due to timeout
> for password of PORTAL30. Then, by accident and misunderstanding, three
> attempts for Login of Portal30 were made with a sequence of locking the
> user Portal30 (seen in Apache's error.log that day).

That will only lock you out for a brief period of time (1hr, I believe) If it re-occurs that same day, the account will stay locked for the rest of the day.

Bottom-line: there was no need for any action...

> (2) To get rid of a lock, the command we applied:
> delete from wwsso_audit_log_view
> where USER_NAME = UPPER('PORTAL30');
> commit;

On who's authority? Odd statement btw, I'd expect:

    where upper(USER_NAME) = 'PORTAL30';

> (3) After that the Login of Portal30 was enabled, but only with the activity
> of "Create". It seemed as if the manager's priviliges were lost. Further
> Logins led to WWC-41439 Error message. The other users of Portal met the
> same. (There are only a few of them, who are programming actively in Oracle
> Portal.)

Other users as wel?!? How that that happen? How did you enable portal30 login?

> Further steps made according Note:134729.1 (Metalink)
> (4) There was not any upgrade over the older installation of Portal. The
> first installation of it worked properly to nowadays.
> (5) The ssodatan script has been run. Obviously, the table
> WWSEC_ENABLER_CONFIG_INFO$ was changed, but (after restarting DB and Apache)
> it did not cure the problem.
> When trying to use the LS_LOGIN_URL(variable from WWSEC_ENABLER_CONFIG_INFO
> $)=
> http://newalex.stk.cz:7777/pls/portal30_sso/portal30_sso.wwsso_app_admin.ls_
> login for the browser(??),
> the following message appeared:
> Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:31:33 GMT
>
> portal30_sso.wwsso_app_admin.ls_login: SIGNATURE (parameter names) MISMATCH
> VARIABLES IN FORM NOT IN PROCEDURE:
> NON-DEFAULT VARIABLES IN PROCEDURE NOT IN FORM: SITE2PSTORETOKEN
>
> DAD name: portal30_sso
> PROCEDURE : portal30_sso.wwsso_app_admin.ls_login
> .

<snip!>
Any luck with portal30_sso for a login? That's the Single Sign On master user. I assume the error is in sso, so if that works, I'd take it from there, and establish portal30s rights again.

Next time, create an alternative DBA. And how about upgrading to 3.0.8.9.5? You're some versions behind.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel