Re: max db_block size

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2003 06:25:42 -0700

"Laurent Boutet" <laurent.boutet_at_clinsight.fr> wrote in message news:<b7ltnj$elm$1_at_reader1.imaginet.fr>...
> Hi,
>
> does anyone know the maximum size of a db_block_size ?
>
> A customer asks me the following question (concerning the instance
> parameters)
> "the block size is 512K (to take into consideration for the resizing of
> caches and buffers)"
>
> => what does it mean ??? I don't understand this sentence.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Laurent

There is a chapter on database limits in the Oracle version# Reference manual. According to my 8.1.6 release manual this is OS dependent but never more than 32K.

To understand the sentence I think more preceding and following text is required to see if the author's choice of wording is misleading, in error, or just total nonsense.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 08:25:42 CDT