Re: How do you remove an Oracle service?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Apr 2003 23:20:34 -0700

Peter <peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca> wrote in message news:<jskr9vkkbhmv1repick2nn6u882cgg5bue_at_4ax.com>...
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:31:06 +0200, Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
> wrote:
>

> I did this command:
>
> oradim -delete -srvc OracleORA92PagingServer
>
> but got this message
>
> DIM-00008: A valid service name is OracleService appended with a SID.
>
> What should I do now?
> I can rmove it in the registry, but is there a better way?

Oradim -delete can ONLY remove SID services as mentioned in the error message. Proper way to do this is to use a tool to remove service from SCM (Service Control Manager) database. Hacking the registry is definitely NOT recommended.

Download a free tool called srvinstw.exe from http://www.dynawell.com/support/Reskit/winnt.asp listed as "Service Installer". It can cleanly remove any service.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 01:20:34 CDT