Re: TNS Listener Not Installed

From: Smaroula Georgostathi <Smaragda.Georgostathi_at_siemens.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:15:44 +0300

Hello,

thank you very much for your response.
We use this "prehistoric" version of ORACLE because we run a specific utility (tool) which
needs this specific database sceema!!
Also we are trying to connect through the client version to a database server and we get the following message :

"Connecting......

The test did not succeed
ORA-12224: TNS:no listener"

To sum up the network connection is established and can ping the server!!!

Thank you

Smaroula

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:a20d28ee.0304160157.cd18547_at_posting.google.com... > "Smaroula Georgostathi" <Smaragda.Georgostathi_at_siemens.com> wrote in message news:<b7itcf$ak$1_at_news.mch.sbs.de>...