Windows & Unix

From: Peter Morris <nospam.ple_at_se.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:32:38 +0000 (UTC)

How does Oracle personal edition on Windows compare to Oracle on Unix? I mean in terms of how to use it, not performance.

I've previously only used Oracle on Sun/unix before, writing stored procedures and triggers.

Now I want to learn some DBA stuff. I've installed the personal edition on my computer. I see various windows tools for DBAs. Are these the same in Unix?

    As an example, the DBA handbook I'm looking at talks about making a script to create a database, but in the Windows version I just run a wizard. Does the same tool work in Unix?

Otherwise, can I create and run scripts in the Personal edition, or do I have to use the windows tools? Received on Tue Apr 15 2003 - 09:32:38 CDT