Re: Heterogeneous service to MySQL

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2003 11:01:45 -0700

PeterS <member9017_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<2753032.1049995699_at_dbforums.com>...
> Thank you for reply, Daniel.
> I didn't mentioned that I've gone through HS Admin guide and
> configured HS to MySQL. But I cannot connect to MySQL db.Here is the
> errors I am getting;
> SQL> select * from tbl_ru_at_hsodbc;
> select * from tbl_ru_at_hsodbc
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned
> [Generic Connectivity Using ODBC]DRV_InitTdp: [MySQL][ODBC 3.51
> Driver]Access
> denied for user: 'QATOOLS_at_10.5.72.133' (Using password: YES) (SQL
> State: S1000;
> SQL Code: 1045)
> ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from HSODBC
>
> Can you suggest anything?
>
> Originally posted by Daniel Roy
> > Read the "Heterogeneous Connectivity Administrator's Guide" on
> > tahiti.oracle.com. That explains everything you need in detail.
> >
> > Daniel
> >
> > PeterS wrote in message news:news:...
> > > Hello everybody!
> > > Does anybody know how to configure HS to connect from Oracle
> db
> > > to MySQL db.
> > > Particularly I need to know what agent to start and where to
> find it.
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot in advance!
> > >
> > Peter.

Peter, I think the sqlstate codes are in the Pro*C manual so whatever S1000 is might help you. I suspect that the 1045 is an ORA-01045 and Oracle is returning it as being Oracle's closest related error. This would make the mean the problem probably relates to the userid/password in use missing a necessary privilege. If you are running on NT it could relate to the domain privilege since I seem to remember running into that. I also seem to remember something about having to put the userid/passord in quotes within the ODBC ini file.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Apr 14 2003 - 13:01:45 CDT