Re: Are package bodies encrypted?

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 14 Apr 2003 10:07:54 -0800

Ed Prochak (edprochak_at_adelphia.net) wrote:
: Thomas T wrote:
: > Just starting to experiment with packages... and was looking at the few

: > One more question; can I migrate existing procedures into a package? Or do
: > I just copy the code into a new package body, and then delete the original
: > stand-alone procedure?

: Your procedure for migrating procedures into a package seems fine. Just be
: aware that to invoke the procedure in the package will require the package
: name. so any procedures that you migrate, will require modifying procedures
: and/or programs that invoke those procedures.

: IOW, the old
: myprocedure(*)
: will become
: mynewpackage.myprocedure(*)

And you can avoid having to re-edit your code by including defines in appropriate locations ahead of time.

        &PKGx.myprocedure(*)

Also useful for changing table names (like TEST_TABLE vs PROD_TABLE) . I usually include a function that prints out all the defines as the easiest way to confirm which ones were used when the package was compiled. Received on Mon Apr 14 2003 - 13:07:54 CDT