Personal Edition

From: Peter Morris <nospam.ple_at_se.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 01:47:46 +0000 (UTC)

Is it possible to run Oracle 8i Personal Edition on Windows XP(pro) ?

I've tried clicking the install icon and get no result at all. Nothing happens. No error messages or anything.

Other programs that don't work on XP produce an error message when I try to install them, or appear to install but don't run. I would expect something similar from Oracle. But I get no result at all.

Is this a problem with my computer, or with XP itself? Received on Sun Apr 13 2003 - 20:47:46 CDT