Re: Are package bodies encrypted?

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 06:44:05 GMT

Thomas T wrote:
[]

> Ed, thanks for the info! I know about the online manuals, but I prefer
> paper.

So do I.

> .. guess it's because way back when, there was no internet or cdroms,
> and software came with big books instead of a big empty box, and CocaCola
> Classic was just "Coca Cola", and I had three dual-density floppy drives on
> my 8088, one with a "utilties" 5 1/4 that held ANSI.SYS and LIST.EXE and
> BASICA.COM and ... oh, for the old days... where are those 360K disks,
> anyway?

HA, Floppies? you're a spoiled youngster! I started on terminals with paper tape or punch cards. Editting programs by rearranging cards, what a hoot!

Don't get me started on nostalgia. I remember how after the demo I begged the manager to get the 10mega byte hard drive. But I could justify the time savings on my build process (the dual floopy system could not compile my program and produce both executable and listing in hte same run!)

   [nostalgia mode off]
Thank goodness. 8^)

> But if they're the best, I guess I'll give it
> a go. Maybe I'll just find the chapters I need, and send 'em to the high
> speed laser. Is the "Oracle 9i PL/SQL Programming" book any good, or just
> an absolute beginner's guide (how to use conversion functions, how to use
> if/else/endif, etc)?

Sorry, I haven't checked that version out. I've just been learning the differences from each release, so I haven't gotten new hardcover docs since version 8.

<others covered the encoded question well so I'll close here.>

> Thanks,
>
> -Thomas

You are welcome.

--