Concurrency Problem, How to skip the loked records from my query

From: Gaser Nadeem <gsrnadeem_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2003 11:31:10 -0700

Hi All,

  I have a Problem in the database concerning the locking record.   I have an SQL Statement which result in one record and locking it, unfortunately this Statement must be run more than once at the same time.
  so i need a solution the ignore the locked recored and go to the next one .

Ex.
  select emp_name
   from employee
   where Age > 60
  for update of emp_status;

the table content is:

     name   age  .....

. . .....
. . .....
Jone 61 ..... Mike 62 ..... Lura 61 .....
. . .....
. . .....
so if I run this SQL st. for more than a time, the first run will result to JONE, but the second and third and fourth run will wait until the first one commit its transaction.

   I need a solution so that the second SQL will skip JONE record since it is locked and result to MIKE ... and so on ......

thanks a lot for your help in advance ....

best regards,
  gaser Received on Fri Apr 11 2003 - 13:31:10 CDT